A positive outlook and healthy mind are essential to getting the most out of life.
Maria A. Christou specializes in psychotherapy and counseling for children, adults and families, using tools from Art Therapy and Sandplay Therapy. She received her M.A. in 2000, from Lesley University in Cambridge, MA, USA.
Since then, she has worked for more than ten years as an Art Therapist in the US and Greece. In particular, from 1989 to 2004 she worked, among others, at
- Summer Camp Organization (Stockholm, Sweden),
- Alsten School (Stockholm, Sweden),
- Ilex / Vinfen Corporation (Massachusetts, U.S.A.),
- Arlington Youth Counseling Center (Massachusetts, U.S.A.),
- YWCA (Maryland, U.S.A.),
- North Charles Inc., Mental Health & Addiction Services (Massachusetts, U.S.A.) and
- Turnaround Inc. (Maryland, U.S.A.).
She is fluent in Greek, Swedish and English. She is a registered Art Therapist with the US Art Therapy Credentials Board, a member of the International Expressive Arts Therapy Association, and the Swedish Family Therapy Association.